Health Benefits of Wood Interiors
Scientific research that shows the positive effects wood has on the body and mind has been released and it’s astounding!
SafeWood Designs has always believed that steel and aluminum can feel cold and uninviting. Thanks to the studies compiled by Stora Enso Building Solutions, we now have scientific research highlighting the positive effects that wood has on the body and mind.
Here are the 10 key takeaways from their published whitepaper:
- Natural materials boosts your creativity; this includes wood, stone, and textiles.
- Natural materials, including wood, improve your focus.
- The smell, touch and feel of wood increases mood.
- Stress levels in a wood room decreased by 7.5% as opposed to a non-wood paneled room.
- Wood can help lower your blood pressure and heart rate.
- Wood only replicates the coronavirus for 12 hours vs. 96 hours on other surfaces.
- Forest and wood exposure can give your system an immunity boost by activating your NK cells.
- Being surrounded by wood has shown to increase productivity.
- Untreated wood materials reduce the amount of VOCs from interior spaces.
- Wood paneling can help improve indoor air humidity and quality.
Per Stora Enso Building Solutions, “we spend about 90% of our time indoors” in the developed world. Not only does wood make a space feel warm and inviting, but the health benefits are astounding. SafeWood Designs specializes in wood bullet resistant products for your safety, security, and according to research, your health.
Unparalleled Bullet Resistance At SafeWood Designs, we are proud to introduce our newest product, the ballistic Mobile Safe Shield. Designed to provide enhanced security, this innovative solution offers complete customization to suit any environment. From frame paint...
Melanie Linn, Sales & Product Manager, SafeWood Designs Inc. A receptionist, the first line of defense, sits behind the front desk near the main entrance of a business to welcome visitors. She is happily performing her daily tasks when she notices a hooded man...
In the event of an active shooter, getting yourself to safety is your number one priority. Knowing the difference between cover and conceal can help make that life-saving decision an easier one to make. Concealment is a crucial factor in active shooter scenarios. What...